Sunday, January 26, 2014

Update 2014 - wow...

In classic 8Points fashion, I've completely blown off all promises from previous posts. I'm gonna stop doing that.


The first half of this month was spent trying to figure out artificial intelligence. I couldn't. Oh well, I moved on to the next project instead.

I was on the tigsource.com forums playing people's games when I came to a particularly inspiring post. A person going by the name 'lessmilk' had decided to make a new game every week this year. Quite a daunting task, but he already had four simple games under his belt.

I know myself well enough to know that I couldn't handle a game a week, but I think I can handle a game a month. And that's exactly what I intend to do!

Just to kick things off right, I'm gonna cheat and count Pseudomo as my game for January. I plan to release my current project by February 3rd as part of the Candy Jam game jam (I wish I could have participated in the Global Game Jam, but I need money so I had to work...). This means that I'll be releasing games at the beginning of every month, ending the year with at least 12 games worth of experience.

I'll try to experiment with a wide variety of genres, and if I'm counting Pseudomo as game #1 then game #2 is a step in that direction. This is the part where I tell you to come back and check it out when its ready, and by now the part where you don't believe me. Gaining people's trust is a fickle endeavor, hopefully it's one I can conquer this year among the many I've laid out for myself...

Oh yeah, I'm in a band again! Wooooo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment